the Curriculum :
The entire Celebrating Families!™ curriculum consists of five facilitator guide
volumes, master handouts/posters for copying, a CD with children songs, and a DVD for playing to
the parents group. Volumes 1-4 pertain to sessions 1-16 for children, pre/adolescents, and parents.
Volume 5 contains sessions 1-16 for both 3 year olds and 4-7 year olds.
- To break the cycles of chemical
dependency and violence/abuse in families by increasing
participant knowledge and use of healthy living skills. Participants will:
To decrease participants use of
alcohol and other drugs and to reduce relapse by teaching
all members of the family about the disease of chemical
dependency and its impact on families.
- Develop better communication skills.
- Learn how to appropriately express their feelings.
- Be able to demonstrate anger management skills.
- Be able to use problem solving and decision making
- Develop coping skills to deal with stressful situations.
To positively influence family reunification
by integrating recovery into daily family life and by teaching
healthy parenting skills.
- Participants will increase their knowledge of the
impact of alcohol, prescription and illegal drugs on
children, individuals and families.
- Providing a safe, nurturing
place for children and parents to talk and to explore
their feelings and choices.
- Facilitating trust through a process of bonding with
consistent role models.
- Assisting participants in developing
their self-awareness and self-worth.
- Educating participants about
chemical dependency as a disease and how it affects